Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > San Francisco and other USA twirlers??

Login/Join to Participate

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hey all,I also posted this on technical discussion accidentally, my humble applogies if you have read this twice smileAt the end of this month [Josh] and I will be venturing from our home down under to the land of the free. We will be arriving in San Fran on about the 29th of July. We will be in the country for about 8weeks. We are planning to do a road trip up, down and around the west side of the country with a stop off at burning man in between smileWe are wondering if there were any fire/twirlers out there that would like to meet up with us for an exchange of twirling culture. We were also wondering if there are any local fire/twirling groups in San Francisco, and if these groups have weekly meet ups or anything like that. If so where abouts would we find them.We are keen to meet new people, and it is always interesting to have a culture swap every now and then.Love and Light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
well hello there. i am relatively new to the board but would love to meet and experience the the style and culture that you have. i live in southern california so if you are planning to come down to the san diego area i would love to meet up. i live on the beach and would love to have a jam session in the sand. e-mail address is poseymj@3maw.usmc.mil hope to hear back from you.

anyone got a light?

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
No seroiusly i would be completely thrilled to the bone to do some fire with you both!!!!!!! that would be really, really exciting for me. i hope you two are going to make it to southern california. i live literally 20 feet from the beach. i can see the waves from my front door. pleeeeeese e-mail me back. later

anyone got a light?

Neodolatelnamember
12 posts

Posted:
I live in fremont, about 40 min away from SF. I will be gone from the bay area from the 26-29 tho... i wouldn't mind driving up to the city after that, if a bunch of you are going to meet.I just started learning poi, and I would also love to meet more people, learn new tricks, etc.

jamiemember
21 posts

Posted:
hey i live in the bay area (20 mins from sf) and sure i'd love to spin with you guys, i'm kinda new and not very good, but i'm getting better every day, yeah there is a local get together, it's called spin jam, every tuesday night from about 9-12 on 24th street and mission, it's on the second floor of this place called dance mission, hope to see you there

Drakemember
72 posts

Posted:
hey, im in oakland, like 20 min from SF, pretty close. and ohh how sweet it would be to spin with you two. hey, speaking of spinning buddies, anybody out there near me lookin for one?? cause, its summer, and i get bored real easy, and like spinning, and spin well with others. so if youre at all interested, drop me a line....or an email.DRAKEkatafunk@hotmail.com510-482-2906 (home phone, definately ask for drake)www.geocities.com/katafunkPS: im 17, just if any of you were at all curious

MarkusDarkmember

Posted:
There are actually a couple of large spinning groups in San Francisco. I can only remember one's name though at the moment. They are called Burn Unit. I work with a small group in Sunnyvale/San Jose area (about an hour's drive south of San Francisco) called Incension. There are usually about 5-10 spinners every Tuesday night. The skill level I would say is from beginner to intermediate, with a couple of pros thrown in wink

Life is but a dream

rollinmember
3 posts

Posted:
If you want to meet up, I live in Napa, a bit away from the city. I spin some, mostly do photon shows though. Only weekly poi deal around in the city, that I know of, is Spinjam. Drop an E-mail if ya want. Also, if you want a decent tour of the lovely wine valley ask away...------------------r@ll out!

r@ll out!

Antti_Panttimember
17 posts

Posted:
Spinjam sounds cool! I'm in SF from 23rd of july for a month so I'll see you there, Josh and Katinca and others.. contact me at jusaname@hotmail.com and I'll send the number where you can reach me. I'm down for training and spinning everyday allday.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Dudes!great to see this kinda response! smile)Katinca and I will be arriving in SF at 11am on the 29th. We will be totally trashed (Overnight trip from Tokyo), and heading straight for the Hostel. I'm pretty certain we wouldnt be capable of any decent twirling until the next day - so if ppl want to suggest a good place to meet on the night of the 30th, Katinca and I will be there...(please bear in mind that we will not have a car at this stage, so central SF locations are far better for us). We will be picking up a car a couple of days after that - with which we will cruise out to Oakland to meet up with Drake and co.Its hard for me to organise this, cuz I dont know SF - so anyone who does - please organise a meetup for someplace in SF on the night of the 30th! smile)Josh

shevamember
3 posts

Posted:
if its possible to meet on the 1/8/ coz im coming from israel to SF on that date. be happy to meet you all.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Sorry duder,but Kat and I will not be in SF on the 1st..we are picking up our car that morning, and making good use of it smile)Josh

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
If y'all find yourselves in Austin, Texas on a Tuesday night, you'd be more than welcome at our fire practice (unless it changes nights, which might happen). Contact me at adamrice@crossroads.net for details.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Antti_Panttimember
17 posts

Posted:
How about the east end (@ the end of Haight St.) of Golden Gate Park @ 9pm ? It's easy to find and the park is HUGE so I'm sure we'll find a good place to train...Antti

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
We'll be there!You are on Antti smileSpanky? you gonna come? Drake? can you make it? (or are you gonan expect us to drag our asses out to Oakland to see ye smile)anyhow - my email is automated_dreaming@hotmail.com for any comunication anybody wants to have with me privately.Hey Antti - did you want to post a new topic called SF meetup with details of where and when? We might as well get as many ppl as possible! I'm excited! smileJosh[This message has been edited by [Josh] (edited 23 July 2001).]

jamiemember
21 posts

Posted:
so Jus Aname, you're talking bout the park across the street from CALA right? well if you guys are there on the 30th i'll be sure to join you.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
HEY POZE....me and my friend gman spin...we are in orange county but we frequent San Diego quite often to visit clubs and do some promoting...if you would like to hook up and spin, that would be great...we don't really know a place in SD where you can spin fire...maybe you know a place??? let us knowemail k420247365@hotmail.com peace

Liquidmember
28 posts

Posted:
hey adamrice i have a friend that lives in witchita falls that goes to parties you can hang with, he does poi and he is amazing. taught him my self. did you go to melt down two, 3three, or Transit???? I might have meet you ?????

Antti_Panttimember
17 posts

Posted:
I said this earlier on a new topic post but since nobody replied to that one i'll say it again here..The meeting will be in the corner of Haight St. and Stanyan St. on the side of Golden Gate Park. I think that'll be the easiest place to find. I suggested that we should meet already at 8pm so we would have more time to talk etc.. So I'm going to be there at 8pm but if that's too soon come at 9pm.. Then we'll find a good spot in the park and train there.And if some local people could bring staffs there that would be great!! See you soon.. Antti

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Dear Katinca and Josh,Welcome to the USA. I am producing a documentary on twirling and need performers interested in being interviewed and perhaps performing for the project which is studio based just north of San Francisco. Having participants from down under would certainly lend to this project. If you have the time and the interest, please contact me at your earliest convenience before you return to Australia.Thanks,Brian Keithbpk@worldmailer.com

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Fellow Aussie twirlers, I live in SF as well. I highly recommend the spin jam. It's a great way to check out other's twirling styles and jam out to some good beats.You mentioned that you were going to burning man. I'll be there too with a stage in our dome devoted to fire twirling. You all should stop by and spin. Address out on the playa: 9:30 and Infant (one block from the esplanade). It'll be a big geodesic dome with a sound system and (of course) FIRE!!Hope to see ya out there =)Peace out,J-Love~

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
MarkusDark,Please tell me more about the Incension gatherings. I am intrigued....are the Tuesday gatherings open to everyone?Curious, J-Love~

smileemember
40 posts

Posted:
I live in San Diego, am interested in meeting other firedancers.E-Mail-smilee_420@hotmail.comBe sure to put "firedance" as the subject so I know your message isn't junk mail.

later - Smilee

spunkymonkeynewbie
10 posts

Posted:
does anyone poi in san francisco bay area? coz i poi and fire spin here in the philippines and i'll be going to SF in 2 weeks so i was wondering.. to all SF spinners.. lets all get together and learn tricks from each other yeah? send me a personal message if ever you're down with that. thanks