melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
hey, i was thinking it would be cool if people could post images of their costumes on the picture board (subcatagory?) so that we can begin to exchange more ideas about the performance/theatrical aspect of fire performance. it would be nice to have images of the costumes with regular lighting and with fire as the lighting. technical poi skills are important know but having a strong stage presence is essential for putting on a good show. bat this idea around and purhaps we can each get around to sending in a photo-melissa

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
A agree Melissa. Costuming is an integral part of creating a fire performance.I would love to see what other people are doing costume wise..... and I'd be happy to share. I think the idea of creating a separate photo gallery is brilliant.Malcolm,Is this possible?[This message has been edited by Finn (edited 11 June 2001).]

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I think costumes are very important if you are doing a show, but I also believe that stage presence is from the individual and not the costume. The costume transforms a person, obviously, but I have seen charismatic performers without costumes and terrible performers in costume. I think it's a matter of suspending your disbelief long enough to become someone else.I like the idea of the normal lighting verses fire, for those who perform at night, because costumes take on different lives and identities in environments and lighting.Okay, I'll shut up now. Diana can affirm I can go on forever about costumes and make-up. grinI can't wait to see what people have cooked up!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
just me and the cold coin scarf and maybe the black choli....not much of a costume really smilePere[This message has been edited by Peregrine (edited 12 June 2001).]

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
hmmm...costume? do a bandanna, jeans and a tank top count?

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
And?whats happening with this?JoshPS - my costume is my very very grubby cotton baggy jeans, and either no top or a cotton T-shirt (or sometimes my faithful blue Reebok sweater! - I know - my bad - its polyester)[This message has been edited by [Josh] (edited 20 June 2001).]

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
will get back to you after tomorrows solstice parade thingie...Pere

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
My official summer costume is a pair of leather pants and, er, well... just that and nothing else. ;-)-p.

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
I'm with you, PJ. I'm actually (I blush to admit it) having a pair of leather pants made custom out of perforated leather, because of the heat.Oh, how we suffer for our art! Either by getting hot or getting poor. Well, I guess we'll get hot no matter what. Fire and all.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
ugh, i just got my wisdom teeth out, when i get the chance i will track down a scanner to so i can post a copy of my costume but it won't be up for a little while- melissa

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
so i sent one in....c'mon guys lets see yours... smilePere

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Mine is pretty simple but looks great with the fire. A red and black yling ylang cotton weave hat in a bowler shape. It looks like a spinning top when i spin around in one spot.A red shirt or tshirt with the arms cut off and a black waistcoat with black trousers.The red and black both hides the soot (i don't often use kero anymore) and has a flame type look to it as well...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?