Forums > Technical Discussion > electroglow led's: idea 4 malcolm

Login/Join to Participate

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
I have just recieved my electroglow poi (Within 5 days [very impressed]) and it suddenly occured to me that I can switch the leds from my poi to the staff and vice versa. Therefore I think it would be a good idea to sell the LED's seperately from the equipment so you can swap and change the colours as you please. I for one would buy different colour LED modules to swap between my equipment.I just thought it would be a good idea, let me know what you think!------------------'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience'

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

Demonthesysmember
11 posts

Posted:
Ya thats a pretty good idea...i mean i would probaly buy just the LED's for the colors...

In order to create apple pie, you must first create the universe.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Also you could add a second LED unit to the top of the ElectroGlo Poi.(A LED unit that flashed would be very cool!)

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
I'm hopping on that train!! smile

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Dude! Go to Radio Shack or a similar electronics/computer parts store, and pick out the ones you want. They are dirt cheap, just get the highest voltage you can find, because that affects the brightness. You can even buy bags of assorted colors if you aren't quite sure. LED's are really easy to work with.------------------I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.~~~Dance as if noone is watching!~~~PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
acually phl, i think you can buy the strobing chip for the led's at radio shack as well, im not sure on this, will have to check it out..p.l.u.r.r.xtremravrps..whats toneman?...how was ur weekend?...

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
hey man, i'll have to get some of photons from you!! I'm thinking I'll just attach them to the top with the key ring. easy.... winkhad to go to San Antonio for a funeral... couldda been better....

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Hey if i was religious......(laughs ass for for 15 minutes)...*ahem*if i was re.....(stops laughing)..religious, I'd pray for Malcolm to stock rav'n lights - there's enough *interest* there for me to make a bank joke about it.(continues laughing)

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
hey bender...ya want rav'n lights?...email me at xtremravr@aol.com...peacep.l.u.r.r.xtremravr

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Yayyy! Go Malcom grin

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
//edit Sorry... had a muscle spasm and pressed Submit twice. *cringe*[This message has been edited by Kinudin (edited 06 March 2002).]

gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
globug illuminated toys.Advertisements are not allowed in the discussion area by any company representatives.If you wish to sell product contact Malcolm info@homeofpoi.com[This message has been edited by Malcolm (edited 26 March 2002).]

Gruffmember
106 posts

Posted:
Hi Gooble,That sounds cool. Is globug online? please post their web address or some pics in the relevent sections - my emails not too clever at opening pictures.Gruff cool

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
I know Malcom has been busy, but I noticed the other day that the LED's can now be purchased seperately from the HOP Shop!!!Tony

6,978 posts

Posted:
Hey gooble, you can help me!There was once a really cute girl with your staffs that was kind enuff to sell me a double set - she even gave me a nice lil' glitter bag wiffit too. Since it was a wednesday night twirl, I was too busy talkin' doof to people to fank her when she left! can ya please give her me email if you do see her? or am i talkin' gibberish? eh. funny that gooble warming stuff has melted the polar ice caps!BillBender@ihug.com.au

Gruffmember
106 posts

Posted:
Ok, so if you can now get the led units on the hop shop, does this mean the new batch (if i were to order electroglo stuff now) doesnt have the led units glued in place?I dont own any electroglo kit but im looking to get some soon. Does anyone have any favourite colours?/which ones look best?

6,978 posts

Posted:
red-blue, cos blue-green is too samey when spun fast. red-green is odd

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
The whole colour thing was talked about in the 'holding glowsticks' thread

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
hey, I think if you get blue ones (they need to be the right blue ones, so you might have to swap the led's from their holders/battery packs for the right ones) you can make them strobe in the UV range (cant be continuous else they knacker the led's) with some circuitary... ...its been mentioned before somewhere, but not sure if the two have been combined... I have fiddled a bit and its pretty effective... if its not on this site, e-mail me and I will have a look around the shed and see if i can send a circuit diagram...

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

Debz@DNAmember
3 posts

Posted:
Hey bruv I am gonna talk to the aerotech folks to see where they are up to now, about time they did poi really. Wheres Stefs LED devilstick you.