Forums > Social Chat > I'm thinking of jumping in to fire, can anyone help?

Login/Join to Participate

knottyraggakittenmember
2 posts

Posted:
hello everyone. i'm new to this board and hopefully soon-to-be new to the world of poi and firedancing. the only thing is i have no idea where to begin and noone i know firedances. so if anyone has any pointers for me or if anyone on this board is from santa cruz and wouldn't mind lending me a hand i'd appreciate it if you'd reply to this post or email me at re_@onebox.com. thanks smilepeace an' love-re

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hey man if you look right up there above this message some where it will say meet others...just run a search for santa cruz there are details of 6 ppl registered on home of poi in ur area.....good luck mate hope u get the help you wantpk

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
It's very simple. Just go down to Half Moon Bay beach any Friday or Saturday after sunset. Look for those circles of light. Join them.Maximus

Dj Masta Killamember
4 posts

Posted:
I started soing poi around the beginning of august and i learned all myu moves from HOP. This site is a great site to start learning on how to spin.

knottyraggakittenmember
2 posts

Posted:
sorry for veering off topic here but... dj masta killa, what do you spin? i think it's very interesting how firedancing spans across so many different subcultures and is incorporaited with music (weither it be a drum circle or a beach rave) more often than not.

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
hey knotty how do you jump into fire without getting burned??? it sounds like a cool trick tongue

cyberpunkgrrlmember
27 posts

Posted:
Spinning pans across many different cultures and subcultures - I mostly spin at workshops or trance parties, but have been known to get them out to play with at goth/industrial clubs! It really is something you can do near enough antwhere! I'd love to do it on a baech in summer tho - that's one of my resolutions!

Retry
Abort...

Failed!