Shubbymember
12 posts

Posted:
Hey gang,

Shubby here.
I've been watching over and over again the "Circles of light" video and I can more or less understand all the moves within except one. For those who have the video and know what I'm talking about, the performance by Farrah Siegel has a move I don't get :
While doing what seems to be a regular weave, there's a wrap that happens somewhere within that move. I can't see for sure if it's a wrist wrap or (what I believe it to be), a shoulder wrap. Can any help and/or explain or describe ?

Thanks everybody

"S'awfull dark down here guys...
Let's stick together, okay Bob ?...
Bob ..?
Hey Joe, have you seen Bob ?
Joe! Have you seen Bob ?
Joe...?"

(andrew)member
140 posts

Posted:
ill have a lok later tonight and get back to you

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all thebad girls live.

(andrew)member
140 posts

Posted:
oh poo oh poo oh poo.

i didnt check it last night, and im leaving in a couple of minutes for the night.

oh poo oh poo oh poo.

tomorow night! i promise!

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all thebad girls live.

(andrew)member
140 posts

Posted:
so i finally haad a look last night and i think i know the one you mean.
its a fore arm wrap.
it can take you from forwrds weave to forwards butterfly, or backwards weave to backwards butterfly.

to learn it, just swing the poi at your sides like doing the weave but without all the cross over bits..

stick your left arm out a bit and try and keep it swinging around and around.

now turn to your left, 90 degrees. bring your right hand poi up in between you body and left hand poi (thats why you need to hold your left hand out a bit) let it wrap your fore arm. keep your left hand swinging still. then your right hand comes out of the wrap you can just incorporate both hands into forwards butterfly.

its a good tranistion move and after a little bit of practise youll find it rather simple, but effective

to do it from a weave start it out when both balls are on the left side of your body. everything else still applies.

okay! hope that ones was the one you were talking about..

(andrew)member
140 posts

Posted:
and if that didnt explain it properly, or wasnt the wrap you were talking about, the video cover had email addresses on the back. its a chance i suppose, but it was a few years ago....

Shubbymember
12 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the info. That sounds indeed like whet I was looking for. And most of the e-mails on the tapes are no longer up to date. Shame...

Thanks Sparx.