plucho101member
6 posts

Posted:
Hi, I`m kind of new at this, but really excited to learn some poi. I practice with glowsticks, since I`m not expericed to do the same tricks with fire poi. Anyways I was wondering if anyone tried to using 13 ball chain with glowsticks?.
If so, is it a good idea to go for it?
Thank you

[ 24. November 2002, 14:56: Message edited by: plucho101 ]

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
It might work. You might have weight ratio problems. It is gereally easier to spin something that have a heavier end than middle. I tried spinning glosticks on a very thin link chain and it didn't work very well. I had to hang about three or four g-sticks on the end before they felt comfortable.

But I suppose the only way for you to find out for sure is to try.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Locoflymember
62 posts

Posted:
i use 13 ball chain with glowsticks. i have metal quicklinks on the end to switch between wicks and sticks. the links might add a little end weight. it takes a few seconds to get used to the weight difference. its not that bad though. definitely spins faster. hurts a lot when you get popped in the skull. its cool. it works.

From the makers of soylent green.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
I have no probs spinning glowies with the No 13 ball chain (the lighter of the two at the HOP shop) Great stuff

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

FoxFiremember
90 posts

Posted:
I usually just put on the glosticks on with my practice ends. I don't like it light feel of just glosticks; having my tennis ball ends on there makes things flow much better for me.

Deuteronomy 31:6
John 15:9
Luke 6:22