bean_brigademember
14 posts

Posted:
I took up poi about 6 months ago and recently promoted myself to fire spinner (yay me!!) and the other day I found the coolest laser effect attachments to use as poi.
I wanted something that wasn't fire but that still glowed and looked pretty in the dark to take to festivals, as I don't think that I'm ready to spin fire while (*coughs*) slightly intoxicated and near several thousand extremely flammable tents!!!
Anyway I've never seen them before,they were called "streetlights" on the web site and they come in all different colours, was wondering if anyone has used the full leashes made out of them, so you get light effects where you spin the wire as well as the attachment??
Sorry my explanation is crap, but check them out on www.neonhusky.com they're called "Quantum Leashes".
Let me know if you've tried them please, I'll love you forever
xxxxxxxx

selecta

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
the 'on' state is actually a hi-freq strobe that causes very closely spaced bands of colour. Personally, i think they're just as nice to watch as aerotech staves, having seen both. the streetlights are waaay cheaper but won't last - they shatter and break quite easily, unless you're real good or real careful or both. the photos speak for themselves, if you can get any!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
They look fantastic.

Shame they are so fragile

So much fire, so little body hair...

Hecatonchiresmember
45 posts

Posted:
Same website lists:
These thingys - Things to put them in so they dont stop working when they break

--Luke

bean_brigademember
14 posts

Posted:
Hey I've just ordered the protectors, theanx for that I must've missed them. Hope they keep them safer. Thinking of buying the leashes, but they are expensive, again, let me know if you,ve used them, how hard they are etc as I don't want to waste loads of money if they're not that great.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

selecta