Forums > Help! > I'm a humble beginner, teach me...

Login/Join to Participate

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
At some points here at the forum and on other sites. I've read about contact moves and contact juggling,
What's the diffrents between contact and "normal"? juggle weavesmiley

Greetz,

Fuero

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
heya wave

i can't juggle so someone is likely to come along in a moment and tell me i'm talking through my arse...

but what i make of it is....

juggling is tossing the balls up into the air and catching them.

contact juggling is rolling the balls around on your body. i can't explain how it's done as i've never tried, but it looks amazing when done well. you've probably seen it done before with a glass ball....?

not sure if there are any videos on here for you to see as i'm on a work pc and can't download any of that stuff.

try doing a search for "contact juggling"

there's also contact staff, where the staff rolls along you body while still rotating.

i've never seen contact poi, though i'm sure one of the many lunatics on here has tried or will try it at some stage ubbloco

Lisa peace

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
contact staff or devilsticking or juggling or whatever is primarly using your body instead of your hands to manipulate the object in question. can be mixed very effectively with the non contact versions of these same disciplines.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
So when I use my wrist to let the devilstick spin...that's contact

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
as far as I am concerned.

ever seen DSads (I think that's his HoP name - Adam in real life) do contact devil sticks? friggin brilliant!

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!