Forums > Help! > How do you listion to music and use poi?

Login/Join to Participate

Juggling_Arcsnewbie
23 posts

Posted:
When using poi I feel that I am just doing tricks, I need to get a flow, and notice that when I listion to music I get this flow. My problem is that my headphone cords get in my way. It either falls out (the ear phone) or my poi (or hands) hit the cord. What should I do confused? I like practicing to music, but I can't practice without headphones because I don't have a good cd player (besides all my music is on my comp), my house does not have the space, and my mom would not like me playing my music like that (she would find it anyoing).

Juggling_Arcs

If at first you don't succeed, Sky Diving is not for you.

No luck involved it was all skill... or absence there of

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
Well you could put the cord up through your shirt I used to do that at work to hide the fact i had headphones on.

Peace, Love, Circles

Juggling_Arcsnewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Thanks I don't think I would have thought of that. I still have the problem of them falling out of my ears though. Is this just a problem with the head phones or is there some way I can stop it?

Juggling_Arcs

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
Maybe if you got headphones that go over your head instead of just in your ear they might stay better. They probably wouldnt cost much.

Peace, Love, Circles

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Get the ones that hook around the tops of your ears (kind of like hearing aids) they stay in place better than the in the ear ones.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
get an mp3 player and some huge ridiculous headphones like this dude

Non-Https Image Link

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Don't you need to also get a helicopter to plug those into though Oli?

Meh

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Yeah. Then you strap your poi to the chopper blades and you got yourself the world's first fire helli.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Juggling_Arcsnewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Thanks for all the anwers I guess I will try some different head phonesrolleyes.

Juggling_Arcs

pinkbootSILVER Member
Beautiful Intelligent Thoughtful Cute Happy!
269 posts

Posted:
or another really clever idea is:

1) hum a jaunty tune
2) sing and scare the neighbours
3) buy the cordless head phones that work 100 metres away plug them into your stereo/computer/mp3 player and volia no more cords!

See Genius! rolleyes

I was gonna conquer the world but got distracted by something shiny!

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Yeah, just putting the music on a really loud stereo works pretty well too.. you can get a cheap tape one for like £5 and it's well worth it. Tapes are great - I say "bah", "meh" and "blewarr" in the face of digital media.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

AmanitaSILVER Member
157 posts

Posted:
You can get cheap CD players at places like walmart..I've seen them start at $30 cdn, and they're not huge either..you can get a pretty small portable boombox..use it when you're mom's not home.

I find it hard to believe that she would never let you listen to music without headphones, ever. That's pretty harsh.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Tower Cranes, for you are soft and would look better when squashed by a full concrete bucket"

Juggling_Arcsnewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Oh my mom does not really care if I listioned to music with out head phones, it is just that I can't practice in the house (roof is to low) and I feel really weird playing music outside for all to here. But it does not really matter because there is over a foot of snow out side and it just started coming down again so I probibly won't practice for a little bit frown frown .

Juggling_Arcs