Forums > Help! > Forward to reverse weave

Login/Join to Participate

lex1000newbie
2 posts

Posted:
Gumbie question, sorry. I can do a forward weave, and a reverse weave no problem. But I can't work out how to switch between them, and I can't find a guild to it either.

I tried doing searches, but it only returns the 1st 10 matches, which aren't relevant.

Any help would be appreciated..

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
I always teach people the easy way, which is to just follow the poi as it passes along one side and simply turn around. Keep doing what you are doing.They look at me like I am being condescending , Then try it and begin to laugh, cause it does work...

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Simply hit yourself repeatedly in the leg until your subconscious works out how you should be doing it.. That's how I learnt anyways.

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
um...when you3 bt weave you cross and uncross your hands. When you uncross you turn and swap into the other move. Im sure that doesnt make sense but if you could seemy hands now it might.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
its only returning the first ten matches cause you're filling in the quick search, try using the proper function below it wink

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:
fwd weave --> fountain --> rev weave was what I read awhile back... hope that helps

Are you up for it?
wink;)

lex1000newbie
2 posts

Posted:
[Quote]When you uncross you turn and swap into the other move. Im sure that doesnt make sense but if you could seemy hands now it might.[/Quote]

That does make sense, in my head anyway. If it doesn't work I've got the leg wack meathod, the follow and turn or the foward, fountine, reverse to try.

Once I've cracked it I'll post back here for future gumbie poiers that may stuble apon this thread.

ubersmackSILVER Member
journeyman
73 posts

Posted:
Someone above touched on this,

when I turn say to the right, I am doing the weave on my left, and I move it to the right side, keep your poi on the right side on the same plane they are in, and just turn your body to the right 180 degrees, keeping your hands in the same place, with your body passing by them, so your facing what was a second ago, your back. Viola your in the reverse weave with the poi on your left side.

Eventually you will be able to just spin around in circles until you fall over dizzy. smile

This sounds like the fountain version but your not really doing any sort of a fountain since there staying on the horizontal plane as you turn your body.

"Runs with Scissors"

brittleGOLD Member
131 posts

Posted:
do a kick 90 degrees to the side wrap round and go in the opposite way =D
either that or jus take it slowly and try an work it out, should come to you soon enough =D u might find soon that you wake up and you can majikly do it, no joke it happens to me often when tryin out new stuff =P

What to do in case of fire??? LET IT BURN!