Forums > Help! > Sydneysiders Hotel help!

Login/Join to Participate

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Hello guys!

Arsn and Taj and I are more than likely coming to sydney for the weekend in sept... to see Gordan smith (the worlds bestest medium) and to take part in a course he is running (well I'm doing the course I think Arsn and Taj will run amok in Sydney instead)

we need some ideas for a great hotel (three stars or more please) which is close to the sydney convention centre...

I have no idea about sydney, I have only ever been there once and would like to have a local point me in the right direction... Your help would be much appreciated and will result in seeing us in september

*wiggles*

YAY!

thanks chickens ubblove ubblove hug hug hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Bummer that he isnt showing in Perth instead hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey Valura,

Will you be taking Virgin, Qantas or an 'astral' plane? wink

Took a look at the Convention Centre's website and found this for you. smile https://www.scec.com.au/location/accommodation.cfm

Cheers!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I don't know about locations but https://www.wotif.com/ gets some great deals on accommodation which is what i'd always recommend for people to test out!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hey kiddo!!!

Make sure you visit when you are in town! We are close by the convention centre, but whilst there is bedspace, we may not be quite enough for you guys to have the privacy you need. (but dinner and tour guide I should definitely be able to do)

Hotel recommendations are numerous. However location recommendations are also probably helpful:

Locations close to the convention centre to look for:

- Darling Harbour (the closest)
- Pyrmont (between Darling Harbour & my own suburb, Glebe)
- Ultimo
- Sydney itself (look for places that say "close to Chinatown, Darling Harbour or Central Station")

Hotels:

The ones in Darling Harbour are probably the priciest and most lovely. They are also probably the safest and least seedy during the week, although Darling Harbour gets massively busy on Thurs, Fri, and Sat evenings, and you may want to avoid the crowds of clubbing younguns.

Pyrmont and Ultimo should be a bit quieter. Although there is a certain industrial quality about the district. However the Powerhouse museum is located in Pyrmont and there might be some fun family things to do aswell.

The hotels listed below are dotted around Darling Harbour and its borders with Ultimo and Pyrmont. I would search to find more details about exactly where they are located in relation to the convention centre.

- Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour
- Radisson Hotel and Suites Sydney
- Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour
- Star City
- Oaks Goldsborough Apartments
- Hotel Ibis Darling Harbour
- Vulcan hotel

Around central station and chinatown can be a bit dicey at night. However if you know how to get about and where you are going, Chinatown can be lots of fun.

- Quest on Dixon
- Holiday Inn Darling Harbour

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
awesome!!

thanks guys! this has helped me heaps.
I will let you know asap when we will be there and what hotel we are staying in.

and rozi... I wouldnt miss seeing you for the world gorgeous! hug hug ubblove

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Oh, and I forgot to say, if you are staying anywhere around Darling Harbour or Pyrmont, you can catch the light rail directly to my house. convenient, yes? biggrin

hug

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...