Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > 5 day Intensive Circus Course, 19-24 May UK

Login/Join to Participate

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
WARNING: This may be the most fun you have all year!

19-24 May

A five day course/holiday in a stunning mansion set in gorgeous South West Scotland. Workshops include poi, staff, juggling, passing, fire sculpture, yoga, acrobalance, performance, choreography, contact juggling...etc...

There will be a fantastic cabaret, ceilidh, saunas, fire show, 200 acres of forest (scent of bluebells, birdsong etc.), lochs, the food is AMAZING.
And a party atmosphere to boot!

The Cosmos Jugglers are Jim and Anna Semlyen, who have been performing and teaching for well over a decade, Anna is author of "Modern Club Swinging" (Butterfingers). This is the 11th year this course has run.

I personally recommend this course (as does Michal(Author of 'Poi Spinning'), quite a number have used it as a springboard to becoming pro or semi-pro performers. It is also simply a wonderful place to relax (you can do as much or as little as you like)!

The cost (from 177.00) includes accomodation, food, snacks, all tuition, check here or ring +44 (0)1905 654355 for more info.

Those who go, know...

c u there!
Axis

[ 26. March 2003, 04:55: Message edited by: Axis ]

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
See ya there, I'm going on my lonesome, so it'll be good to meet a fellow Hopster there. I'll mail ya nearer to the time.

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
Awsome!

I wonder how many more HOPsters will come!

Looks like another couple of friends of mine are coming too!

C u there!

Axis.

tralalamember
20 posts

Posted:
How good do you have to be already to make it worth going? Like - I can juggle a bit and do some poi. My staff hasn't arrived yet but I'm a dab hand with a broom handle Hmm...

Seriously, it sounds fantastic - but would it be worth coming as a *total* beginner?

Lu xxx

Reporter to Ghandi: What do you think of western civilisation? Ghandi: I think it would be a very good idea.

WintermuteLost in the world but loving it :)
119 posts

Posted:
If I can get paid holiday from work I am soooooooooooooooooooooo there, if you look on the site they say that it is aimed at total beginners so go for it, hope to see you all there.

If fishes were wishes we'd all cast nets

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
Sure, this event caters for everyone from TOTAL Beginners to Professional performers!

see Y'all there!

WintermuteLost in the world but loving it :)
119 posts

Posted:
Sent off my deposit today so I'll see you all there, and come on everybody else this looks wicked, lets keep bumping it up the forums

If fishes were wishes we'd all cast nets

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Excellent, see you there Wintermute!!

Sending my deposit this week, as soon as I find that illusive book of stamps. I swear they were just here

Poi In Scotland ---- & swimming in the sea

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
How are you guys travelling there?

I'm planning on driving up & can offer a lift from Lancashire upwards, however this is subject to the condition that my car is happy to make the journey as she's been complaining abit recently.

Not long now