Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > *Pink* MoonFest & Bayfire event - Brisbane, Australia 17April

Login/Join to Participate

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
Next Moon Fest will be on full moon, Thursday 17th April (the Thursday just before easter weekend)...*

The theme is *pink* - last in the rainbow series... but will also co-incide with the Bayfire event (part of the Sandgate Bluewater Festival) which has a theme of the "Jungle" this year (so pull out those bright pink leopard print pants ) and come celebrate under the full moon at Shorncliffe...

Moon Pixie will post her Moon Mail letter soon, but in the meantime visit moon fest webpage for details about moonfest in general...

*Bayfire* will also feature children's lantern parade, choirs, drumming parade, fireworks & a yummy fire show (with drummers, flaming hula hoops, fire bellydance, fire twirling routines, fire dance, fire jumping poles... and all sorts of other fire deliciousnesses...)... then pink moonfest with continue over in the park near the rock jetty for everyone to be involved and play the night away...*

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Sounds great ! wish i was there , oh well i know you guy's will have fun. for everybodie.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Pink you say? It'll never catch on. You should go back to purple again.

Like one of those really good excessively purple rainbows......

tum te tum

*Tiptoes away*

Meh

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
PINK! You said nothing about pink Bec....hmmm....not so sure any more

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
well... what about a very purple-y shade of pink? do you think that would work better? ...it's meant to be violet anyway isn't it...? I'll have to chat to miss pixie about all this... I told her there'd be an uproar...

and Dave... I'm sure we mentioned the pink tu-tu's & fairy wings that we wanted you & D to wear for the routine...? hmmm...must've slipped my mind.. oops

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
::purpley-pink fairy drum roll please::

Moon Pixie's Moon Mail for this month... am sure she'll be around to post about it soon... but thought I'd put it up for you to have a squiz at in the meantime...

Hey Gorgeous People!

Thanks to all the lovely ones who came along to Moon Fest last month even though it was a tad wet and rainy… it still panned out to be quite a decent crowd considering the weather and a festive night was had by all who braved the wet and cold.
Next Moon Fest is in the theme of Pink… the LAST of the rainbow series and is on Thursday the 17th April. This is also the night of the Bluewater Festival’s “Bayfire” event, which is held over the other side of the wooden pier.
There will be a Lantern parade that weaves its way down through the cliff-side and along the foreshore, round to the Beacon (where last winter’s Moon Fest’s were held) where they will be joined by a choir singing African chants, along side our very own local drum circle, Bayside Beats (who gather each Tuesday evening at the Einbunpin Lagoon, in Sandgate)
This is all followed by a Fire and Drumming performance around the Beacon, with Gypsy Fire, Phoenix Fire Tribe, and friends from the Moon Fest Community, collaborating to create something really special and fun!
There will be fireworks off the pier from around 7:30~8pm, followed by live music on stage… as well as kids rides…and market stalls.
Meanwhile over by the rock jetty, we’ll be having our usual Moon Fest fun… in the usual Moon Fest way… I suggest we gather around the Beacon for the lantern parade and fire show etc. As this all kicks off just before sundown…. After the fire show round the beacon, we could all head over to the usual Moon Fest spot (lower Moora Park close to the rock jetty) for moonfest fun, with our lovely drum circle, dancing, and fire play on the beach.
Wow! What fun to be had!
A few other fun events coming up…. The Big Bang @ the Zoo is on Saturday 12th April, featuring Ganga Giri, Spankin’Hide, Zormiwasa, and lots more rhythmic deliciousness…
The National Folk Fest is down in Canberra over the Easter holiday, featuring lots of beautiful music, funky stalls, workshops, street theatre and some funkadelic fluro fluffy wuffy fuzzy wuzzy friendly monsters (see you there J)
Frenzy Youth Fest, Saturday 26th April at Nundah Community Centre. 14 Station St Nundah, Live Bands, street theatre and fun.
Yagubi Multicultural Festival, 9th~11th May with cultural live music, market stalls and workshops @ Kondari Resort in Hervey Bay.
And then The MONSTER Moon Fest will be 16th May… so start thinking about some fun and friendly …possibly a little Muppetty… style costumes to wear for that one… woohoo! What fun!

Well…. stay happy and healthy
Lots of Love and Fuzzy Wuzzy Huggles
From the Moon Pixie

Elke

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Pink's definitely your colour dave. Pink and a nice lemon yellow....

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Bec - what colour will the December Moonfest be?

Only I think we might be attending...

Meh

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
well actually C@ntus... I don't think December will be any colour at all... you see this is the last of the Rainbow MoonFests... so there'll be some completely different kind of theme happening by then... of course Elke is always open to suggestions... and since you're coming so very far to be there I think that would have to have some sway...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
If we bring our copy of your book will you sign it for us? LIke proper famous people do....

Meh

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
yeah Dave...i think you would look good in Pink... would match the fading red in ya hair (if it was red to start with... but it looks close to pink now... unless im colour blind)

i'm thinking of turning up this moonfest (since work the next day is a non-happening thing yay ) and then i can put all the moves i've learnt in Dave's fantabulous course into action!

but i have to go and buy another staff before then so i can get into double staff- DAMN U DAVE!!! hehehe.

so hopefully i will see u guys then... if im not too shy to say HI this time... (last time i hid in the shadows... twirled about 3 times... and that was it)

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
heh heh pinkpoi is gunna have a field day with this thread!!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hehehehe

thanks for posting my moonletter becca

...I'm still not sure about the whole Pink/Jungle thing... perhaps we could all dress up as the Pink Panther

Mr Fraggle...December you say?... well it could be any number of things... wanna put in an order for your very own moonfest theme...kehehehe (I'm kinda running out of Ideas anyhow )

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
awwww C@ntus you make us all embarrassed

just a little message to say that despite the cheeky weather report that mentioned possibility of rain/storm we would like to issue the official moonfest weather report that says (rather optimistically perhaps) that there is no way that it could possibily rain two moonfest in a row, so don't be worried 'bout those silly folk from the BoM (that's cause I don't think I can spell meteorology...?? ) department... they are just guessing anyway...

so see you all at *pink* moonfest tomorrow night..

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
and look at that! they guessed wrong! what a gorgeous night it was 'ey?

Next month will be a fuzzy wuzzy MONSTER Moon Fest... Friday 16th May... so pollish up those horns, fluff up your fur this'll be a fun one

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*