Oatsmember
28 posts

Posted:
Hey one and all. Right well right now i've managed to get the butterfly moves, the weave, reverse weave and turns down , and am just practicing getting them flowing nicly and not hitting myself to often. I've found pain does'nt agree with me. Does anyone have a few ideas for a couple routines that look pretty good using these moves?Thanks.

HephGOLD Member
79 posts

Posted:
Oats,you're on the right track with just getting everything to flow together. i think the audience doesn't want to see you stop, collect your thoughts, start swinging the correct direction, then hit a new move. they want to see a performance. so keep things moving. i try never to use a new move in a performance unless im *super* comfortable with it *and* i can get it to blend and mix with my other moves, so there's no down time. but to answer your question: your routine is completely up to you. there is no set routines. find a good song that makes you want to swing, listen to it carefully and play with what moves you think seem to go with which parts of the song. i guess generally i like to progress to more and more difficult/complex moves during a show, to keep the suspense rising. but mix it up, man! its all up to you! and often times, no routine is necessary. just practice getting the beat in time with the music, and just freestyle!just my 2 cents. best of luck.-heph

Oatsmember
28 posts

Posted:
cheers for that. I'll keep it all in mind. Any sugestions for a left wrist that can't get the poi to go in a straight line. My timing is up to speed but i saw a reflection of my twirling and my left poi just keeps moving out to the left on the up swing.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
slow it down.practice with the left only til you can *easily* make it do anything you want. Then, even more slowly, put in the right too...watch yourself - correct any mistakes. Persevere til you cant anymore, have a rest then do it some more.Then try closing your eyes for a while, the open and check. Try to learn what it feels like to do the trick correctly.get someone to watch.mmjosh

Oatsmember
28 posts

Posted:
Cheers for that Joshm i've found doing it up against the wall helps mucho grandos, its still a little off centre but apon the morrow i'll go find a mirror and do like you said. Thanks