CirRusBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone, wow its been a while since i last posted, geez eek

Well I recently got myself a 4' fire staff from "Renegade Juggaling" and its nice and all to spin when its not lit. But once you light it up the piping gets wicked hot. The staff is pretty much aluminum piping with a grip made of that stuff u put around pipes for covering, kinda. So i know why the thing is getting so damn hot, but my question is how do i seal the ends off so the staff doesnt burn me? Also I want to seal the ends off because theres a lotta drag from the open ends and the fire going into it. Any suggestions? confused

I was using it tonight and wow i found im more scared of it then i thought i would be, im afraid of burning my hair off when i do my quarter steves and backrolls and what not. Guess that calls for more burns rolleyes.

-Brett (the fastest spining fire fool in CT) wave

A cute girl after I finished spinning fire at this party :
"OMG ur soo hot!" biggrin

I love being a fire spinner

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
semi unscrew the wicks, put in some dowel?

or sth similar.

then you won't get the heat coming up the inside...

then fireproof paint the ends if you can be bothered...

g'luck
R smile

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

CirRusBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
Hmm sounds good. I heard somewhere that apparently elmers glue can seal off the ends of a staff quite well and prevent the heat from transfering to the rest of the staff. What if it put a mess of it on the end of the dowel, shove it in, screw it and do the same to the end that faces out?

-Brett (Fastest spinning fire fool in CT) wave

A cute girl after I finished spinning fire at this party :
"OMG ur soo hot!" biggrin

I love being a fire spinner

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i get aluminium foil and roll up heaps so it makes a nice light weight plug and the screws hold it in (so i make it reasonably big like 5-10 cms long)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?