charliemonnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
hiya!
My name is charlie and I was hoping to find someone on here to teach me more poi. I started on my own and have come quite far but I need an expert to help me go to the next level! I don't know anyone else who does so I am really stuck.
I live in Norwich so if anyone can help it would be much appriciated!

Thank you!

Charlotte Hadley

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
hello...welcome to HoP...try the intro forum or the meet others section. I'm from southampton so a bit out range but there are many who will help

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

charliemonnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
hiya!

Thanks I will try the meet others one!

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
hey charlie, i'm from norwich but wouldn't call myself an expert but if you ever wanna meet up for a spin just gimme a shout wavehello welcome

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Hey, i'm from Diss - so close enough. There is a weekly juggling club in Bignold Middle school you might be interested in, but I'm about the only poi spinner there.

I'm willing to meet up anytime though - just PM me.

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Lizzymember
69 posts

Posted:
oi Sym! There's plenty of poi people there! Don't put the girl off! ubblol ubblol would be good to see you there aswell, Sym! I've got a friend who makes staff, and met loads of really good local staff people over the summer; which might interest you....!

I've posted more details of Mondays in the thread about Norwich that ravehead started.........

marthaMember
37 posts

Posted:
hi, i live in near Great yarmouth and im willing to meet up with you (if im not working or at college). weavesmiley

ill tell you again, just buy a new one.

Lizzymember
69 posts

Posted:
nice one, will be organising a fire meeting at some point in the near future, and will post any updates here. Aswell, there'll be posters up around Nodge. Hopefully it's legal........... rolleyes

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
hey all you Norwich-ers im down there on monday anyone wanna have a bit of a spin, i gotta do some work, but either in my lunch break or after i finish i'm well up for a spin!!! i'll be in the brand spanking new shopping centre helping set up our new store, and its always fun to meet new people!!!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
i go to norwich every saturday. to meet up with friends and what not at the forum. i've only been doing poi a few months but i'm not doing too badly, i got the behind the back weave under my belt now. i could try n teach you some stuff? or you teach me.

for every minute angry, you loose 60 seconds of happiness

Bernie_FlameSILVER Member
Poi junkie
75 posts

Posted:
Hi, charlotte, I'm advanced and free 4 a spin- please get in touch!!

man who go bed with itchy bum wake up with smelly finger!

Poi junkie
75 posts

Posted:
We are starting a Poi movement in Norwich! Myself and Theo AKA 'dirty hippy' will be at the Castle Gardens @1pm saturday March 31st; spinning and offering some friendly advice to spinners of all levels. Don't worry if you are a total beginner, you are most welcome to come, either to watch, ask questions or to learn some basic moves. I have several spare sets of pratise Poi, so let me know if you will need to borrow some and I will make sure I bring them along.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please message me. I am always happy to help. Otherwise We hope to see you all on Saturday.x

djtruesoundBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
Hey guys n girls,
there is a fire meet this wed nite at chapelfield gardens, i think theo (dirty hippy) said he'll be down, should be down there from 830 onwards
if any of you guys r on dsi check out the NFA group

https://www.dontstayin.com/groups/norfolk-fire-association-nfa

you want fire, well u came to the right place

Poi junkie
75 posts

Posted:
Hi there, welcome to HOP;) But where are all the other Poi DSIers!! HOP is the best site for fire arts; but yet there are more fire spinners on DSI ??!! Anyway thanks for the invite, I will come along to say hi and have a burn with you tomorrow. But I won't be teaching with fire Poi, as its not really a bright idea! Also, (if u or anyone else is interested?) our practice and learning workshops are continuing @ The Castle Gardens. We could do with staff teacher- and as always, the more the merrier. You can find us Saturdays, 1pm.x

djtruesoundBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
i'd be up for coming down on sat also, if ur there tonite bernie, we'll talk more about it,

you want fire, well u came to the right place