Page:
N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Ok, so I saw a kid do this at a rave I went to last weekend. It was mind blowing. its like a varriation of the weave, short strings, with glowsticks.The kid swings both sticks on the left side of his body for one rotation then another rotaion on the inside of his arms, then a rotaion on the rights side of his body- back to the middle, left, middle, right, etc. But here's the thing. the strings were staggerd 180 degrees. it looked like this beautiful tunnel of light. WOW. Then (as if that wasn't cool enough) he throws them above his head into a windmill and then does this rolling tunnel of light thing behind his back!!! (N8 looks on bug-eyed) Truly the most impressive looking move i have ever seen- But I tried it and it goesn't seem possible! Anyone know what I'm talking about?ps. just a side note smile I learned how to do the corkscrew with only one hand last night. Ah- the euphoria of learning new moves...------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
This move sounds very cool indeed. I immediately had to go to the backyard to try it...and fail (my chains are long-ish, which is part of the problem). I did manage to do a halfassed approximation, though: inserting a "burn-the-nose" move in the middle of a weave.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Drizzimember
2 posts

Posted:
N8 the new move is truly impressive. But I doubt that is it not possible. I heard Mike J. Fox. say "If you put your mind to it. You can accomplish anything." I mean he was full of shit, but it sounds kind of cool to say. And I know I have no been twirling for too long, but if you close your eyes I think its it easier to pull of the moves, But this is only my theory so.... When I see you at home with a black eye and bruises all over your body. I will know that my theory has been proven wrong.

Live Life, Rave On Drizzi

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i think it is possible...i can see it in my head..(and smacking it numerous times) i am going to try it as well.Windmills with short strings are scary because they are passing right in front of your face..------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

FeniXTranzmember
17 posts

Posted:
hey, sounds like a phat move which i would wanna learn, can you tel me what you mean by the staggered 180 degrees and also how long were the strings being used short long?

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
umm i think they were only about the length of his forearms, not very long at all,and yeah supes- short string windmills are crazy.they were spinning in split time, thats what I mean by 180 degrees, if any of you spinners figure this out I would be very happy if you could tell me how. I can do half of it, but I can't get them to go from my right side to the inside then to the left to start it over again on the left without having them tanglegood luck. ------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Left side windmill..inside nose breaker...right side windmill is essentially what is breaks down to. Easier to do in reverse for me than forward for some odd reason. confusedBy left side I mean of your body not that it has to go over anything until the transition.Right arm should do the leading arcoss the body. Behind the head though...that's another issue...but since I use fire I have more fear about stuff like that!!!!! smileGuys...I, until recently, *only* used forearm length chains with my fire poi. I think the long ones are freaky!!!! I am not used to fire at my ankles..more room to tangle! Yikes! shocked To each thier own! Cheerios! smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
"you can do anything if you put your mind to it." This doesnt just 'sound' 'kinda cool'. It's true. If you put 100% of your energy into doing whatever it is you are trying to do - *SHOCK GASP* you CAN do it. Of course 95% of effort can involve burnt eyelashes, nose, whatever - (I've brained myself plenty of times). Humans have been put in situations where they have been desperate and in danger but since they put 110% of themselves into planning survival/escaping they find themselves doing things they didn't know they could do.And Michael J Fox is a perfect example. He didn't become an actor cause he only sorta wanted to. And he hasn't shown the world (publically) about Multiple Sclerosis by accident. All amazing achievements - he must be very devoted guy.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
I agree If you put your mind to it...But It sounds Like A 5 Beat Weave, with a windmill in the mid section. You start off with a bkwd weave to your right, and swing to a frwd weave to your left so you are standing sidways in the middle of them both. do that for a few rotatoins then from the bkwrd weave go up to the windmill (very easy, flows right in) then back into the frwd weave. it all flows real well. you can also put in a steach in the windmill for effect! smileDoes this sound right to you N8?Hope it helps SkiChristian

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
whoa...wait a minute...you can reverse weave on one side of your body, then go forwards on the other without turning your body??"S"------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

- Mark Twain

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Supes, yeah, he did the first part of the move without much trouble, throws it up in the windmill, then *without turning* pulls them behind him into what looked like a reverse weave/ nose breaker behind his backI figured the first part pretty well almost got it into the windmill, sigh, I'm getting there.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Yes Super you can, and it is cool as hell!!If you can do both the fwd and bkwd weaves you can do this. In the middle of your 180 turn you can stop at 90 Degrees and do a weave on both sides of you. Fwd on one side and bkwd on the other. If the bkwd weave is on your right side, you can bring it up over your head to the windmill, and back down to your left in to the frwd weave. Its one of my favoites! grinTalk to you later,SkiChristian

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
N8...Was he this about 5'8" tall blonde kid?I was at a concert with m y LED's and some kid asked to see them and he did this. He could *only* do this and side type swings. He was shocked by the simplest moves I could do (corkscrew, butterfly variations, chase the sun, thread the needle). Anyway. We talked a bit (it was before the show and we were standing around waiting for it to happen). He said he glowsticks at raves and learned from someone else in NYC. He had no idea it had a name or so many moves. We swapped ideas/move things and went about making our ways to the stage front!!!BTW...the LED's went over amazingly well at the concert. Whenever the set called for lighters,or I just felt the groove reall well, I swung them over my head. The bassist from the band was mesmerized. I was brought stopped by the sponsor of the show after it was over and they said the band loved it and so did the sponsor and perhaps something can be worked for future events!!Oh and...it is three beat weave left to inside nose breaker that is 180 so it looks like a wheel type thing to three beat weave on the other side. To stop the momentum he just swung at his side, turned out of it, swung them once behind his shoulders and let them fall. I imagine in the darkness it would've looked more tunnel like but the houselights were up so...it was like fireflys on speed. grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
YES!!!That was him!Whoa, talk about a small world. too small to make enemies anyway

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
LOLTell me about it N8, that just freaks me out (since I honestly thought you'd say no about him) grin Whod'a thunk of the 6000 people at the concert ya know??????------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

LiquidNinjamember
11 posts

Posted:
Hey, You dont realize how cool can be just doing windmills, and foward/reverse weaves. I just experimented with just those moves, and found out that doing 360's and going from forward to backward weave without turning around is fucking awsome!!! It looks so cool. I dont use Fire poi, but glow sticks, and poi with tails looks great with this combination. You can then mix in the more advanced moves, but when using the basics, you can accomplish a lot.--LiquidNinja--

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i feel that LiquidN. comboing basic moves smoothly is funa as hell!Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

- Mark Twain

Nicmember
18 posts

Posted:
That move is actaully pretty simple, you start with a wheel on the inside of your arms, (just spin them split time between your arms) then hook it out into one beat of the chase on either sied of your body, and back into the wheel for one beat, and just repeat that. It looks like a tunnel passing from one side of your body through your arms and back again. Practice, it's actaully not that hard.

Gooi nat, or don't gooi at all.*Nic*

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
NIC!!!That's it!!! that's the moveYou Just do it really fast and it looks like a tunnel. Thanks Oh, Pele yeah that was kinda freaky, 6000 people and the one you notice was the one I saw, whoa, its like fate er somethin------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Christophermember
4 posts

Posted:
A friend of mine says he saw a fire poi spinner in Cancun who made a "wheel of fire" over his head like a helicopter and brought it down to his waist. (Like a hula-hoop of fire.)Then he brought it down further to his knees the ankles then back up. Is it possible? P.S. It reminds me of a trick i saw on TV that a guy with a lasso was doing.------------------ccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccc

Thanks,Christopher

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Chris, Umm it sound like it would work, I mean, I really couldn't think of any reason why it wouldn't.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
I could see doing the move Chris described with a staff (in fact, I *have* seen it), but not with chains. Unless I'm missing something.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Christophermember
4 posts

Posted:
My friend said he ws pretty far from the stage so hecouldn't quite tell what the spinner was using but it was definately on fire.------------------Thanks,Christopher

Thanks,Christopher

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
yeah - not a hard move to do with a staff, but without changing directions with wraps, I cant see it happening with Poi (unless you use my Patented Caribeena Technique) cuz it would involve changing hands - something that i've never seen anyone do in one smooth movement around their body...I dunno - I guess anything is possible?Josh

BioPodmember
2 posts

Posted:
soory to jump in josh.. but what was your Patented Caribeena Technique again?? ./BioPod

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
whack a small climbing caribeena (sp?) in one of your finger loops on your Poi, so that you can open it with the same hand while twirling...takes a bit of practice, but its definitely possible...Then when you want to change between Poi and meteor, do what you do to go into one handed two poi, and slip a loop from the other poi into the Caribeena let it close, and you have a meteor - hold by the caribeena (thats the centre point) and swing. allows you to do all kinds of staff moves, except throwing it in the vertical plane (easiest throw for staff) doesnt work very well...I havent done much of this lately, cuz I'm finding that one handed poi'ing is as much fun, without bothering to hook up the caribeena...I have a staff for staff twirling anyhow smileHTH,Josh

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Josh you constantly amaze me smile

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
LOL! Well - I guess thats a good thing. now that I've met you in real life you know it aint all bull smile(or perhaps I amaze you with the amount of bull?) smileJosh-The real deal smile

Jessemember
118 posts

Posted:
Hey, guys...I was just experimenting with this move and discovered that I could do a blast across the top as it goes past my face... A real crowd pleaser... Please just don't try it unless you're really, really comfortable doing blasts already....Jesse

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
it is possiblei saw a dude dow a vertical one and a horizontal one. He had short strings, and dide somewhat of a corkscrew, but with hands tighter together. He alternated directions so it kept going in long tunnel of light. It looked so cool. I wish i had a camera.

Peace,Travis IM: frodus17

FeniXTranzmember
17 posts

Posted:
hmm everyones talkign about shortstrings how long should they actaully be tip of fingers to end of fore arm what. its sounds cool ive tried it once but i whacked my self alot how can you do all the moves with shorter strings its so difficult any ideas or suggestions?.

Page:

时事通讯

注册以获取最新的销售,新版本以及更多...