Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Between the legs type stuff!

Login/Join to Participate

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
After I wrote that, I realised how dodgy the subject sounds, so, apologies for any who might have been offended! :Panyway, i have been trying loads of between the legs stuff recently, mainly becayse i cant reach up anymore as i tore a ligament in my shoulder two weeks ago.i can do the butterly in and out, a wierd btl tuck turn, and chasing the sun, er, almost, and i'll probably have the windmill pretty soon. so what other funky stuff can I do while I'm down there?Oh, and any combo ideas? I like chasing the sun up then chasing the sun under. Maybe we could call it the solar cycle or something...or like the reverse flying sea bass emancipated wedding cake donkey drive weave bucket, lol, I dont want to get into this discussion again! [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif">------------------[/image] - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

eyemonkeymember
22 posts

Posted:
alright mate,I don't really know what your talking about with the under the leg stuff. Can you do leg wraps like shaolin style? That looks cool. I just learnt the 5 beat weave yesterday, it only took me about an hours practice!!Hope your shoulder gets better soon.------------------peace out,EyEMonKeY

peace out,EyEMonKeY

smileemember
40 posts

Posted:
Hey sounds pretty cool! I've come to pretty much a stand still as far as new tricks go, got everything on this site. I wish I could see what your describing. Maby you could make and post a video so we could all see. Hope your arm heals alright, sound like a bummer. Later, Smilee

later - Smilee

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
erm btl stuff..most stuff I know of involves sticking one or both poi between your legs (from either the front or the back) letting em do a circle then bringing em back out.Also - the moves can be divided into those where you can get the poi in and out without moving your legs, and those where you need to move your legs to create an exit for the poi.hehe - if you do a *search* - you will find a number of threads on this topic...in one I named that opposite to chasing the sun move - I called it chasing the moon smileI'm beginning to think that you can swing the poi between your legs in almost exactly the same way as you can anywhere else...its all just practice. The closer you learn to swing from your mid line (line running down the centre of your body from top of head to groin) the easier it is to whack em BTB or BTL. I've learned this by observing ppl who do BTL tricks..and the ones who seem to not struggle with it, are the ones with a very clean tight style...rather than the slack arm only just in control style.YMMV.rock on, and tell us how you get on.Josh