Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Twin Circle Butterfly like thing

Login/Join to Participate

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
Well I don't know if this is worth posting or not but I thought I share something I've never seen anyone else do (only having seen a dozen or so spinners though what can you expect). Oh and I'm gonna ask for some new stuff from people as well

Basically I do a forward butterfly (haven't tried this with reverse yet, *ting! idea :)8*) but I have my hands seperate so there are 2 circles in front of me from this I can go over my head or behind me and so forth, this also works with corkscrew movements. Side to side might also work, hmm.

If anyones got anything funky.....

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
SUb, I do that too...when doing any move with wrists close together I often separate them for 1 or two turns and then go back in. Injects a bit of vareity into a series of plain circles, look very nice indeed.

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Alternatively you can move both your hands up and down together (regular Butterfly) or left and right (split-time Butterfly) to make an oval/elliptical (ie squashed circle) shape.

Fwirl :pmember
76 posts

Posted:
Sorry guys but could one of u please explain it again? I don't understand :'(
Also, what do u mean by split weave and the other one? Sorry its offline!
Luv 2 U All
Fwirl:P

Neo:Wow, that sounds like a really good deal, but I have a better one. How about I give you the finger and you give me my phone call?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
They be talking about varying the timing of your poi in a butterfly.
split, wide split, overhead variations of the butterfly. there are several explained, which does you need help with understanding?
/distracts Fwirl with a nutella sandwich
Non-Https Image Link

damn ima getting hungry now...

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always