Nicmember
18 posts

Posted:
Hey everybody! Ok, this is complicated. First of all, you know the split-time butterfly that Jo Derry does in his video, where he flips it from side to side across his body? You first have to be able to do that.

Next, there's another butterfly thing you gotta be able to do. Do a normal butterfly in front of you, then put your right poi over your shoulder and your left poi behind you under your right armpit, so its kinda like just passing it next to you but one above and one below your shoulder.

Next you have to be able to do this split time. Once you've got that right, do the side-to-side thing first explained, but with one hand up and one hand below on either side. On your right side your right hand will be over your shoulder and left hand below, then on your left side your left hand will be above your shoulder and your right hand below. So your hands do a kind of figure-8 across your body but you're doing the butterfly. Its also really easy to flip into a chase from here because your hands are already doing a kind of figure-8.

Let me know if any of you get it right, and if you have any questions. Also, don’t think about the figure-8 your hands are doing untill you get it right, it will just confuse you. Let me know what you think and what it looks like, I haven't seen anyone do it yet so I don’t know.

Gooi nat, or don't gooi at all.*Nic*

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
sort of a butterfly weave in the wall plane...?

maybe one of those techy guys can understand better than i. sounds nice though - will have a go later.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Yes, yes perfect description and is possible to do something like TTN too :)you can change position both hands without going to next side how does it looks like?? xyzzy

POI THEO(R)IST

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi Nic, I’ve been trying that split-time b/f thingy shoulder high, and going over my head so I think I follow wot you're saying.

It seems like a nice move, but it will take me a bit of practice to get it going smoothly under the arm

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Nice. I'll have to try this out.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Nice. I'll have to try this out.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
NO!!! not another CARRY!!!

It also looks like you are passing a single nunchucku...!

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!