fairy girlmember
14 posts

Posted:
Hi,
just wondering if there is anyone out there in the Dorset/Somerset area? I'm home in North Dorset for the summer and would love to meet up with poi people to practice and just have fun twirling with! Gets a bit boring practicing on your own all the time!
fairy girl

dont dream it.....be it!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i'm in south dorset (lyme regis) from thursday this week to tuesday next week for a short break. I'm up for a meet (will be the first time i haven't done clapham common in a while), but i have no transport (doh) other than a 2 hourly bus. There are other people around lyme regis area, but i haven't up with them down there yet, could be a good oppertunatey

fairy girlmember
14 posts

Posted:
Cool! I don't drive so am also a bit stuck on the transport part cos buses around here are virtually non-existent!! Am sure I could work something out tho. My Dad lives down that way so could perhaps go stay there for a couple of days and try and blag a lift from him!!

dont dream it.....be it!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
hey flid - thanks for the text! I got no credit so I can't reply so I hope you read this!

Hi fairy girl - I'm just west of Lyme Regis n would be more than happy to see you - though i'm off accross the world in about 3 weeks so you'd better make a move! Speaking of which I am probably going to be down on Lyme beach on friday with about 8 spinners. You two are more than likely to come along - the more the merrier! It's not a poi meet, just a load of friends, but it'd be cool if you came

let me know - txt or ring or PM flid whichever is cool - and Fairy Girl it'd b e great to meet you.

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
did i hear beach party?

that'd be good, i forgot about beautiful days, so i guess you'll be at that on the weekend. I'll send you a PM and if no reply by wednesday then i'll sms or call you. Is it an afternoon or evening type affair?

as i say, in about 4 years of coming down to lyme to visit my parents during the holidays i've yet to meet anyone aged 5 to 40, so 8 would just be overload.....

.....unless, would these 8 people be the guildford lot on the way to beautiful days? If so i already see them each thursday, so nothing new

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
3ish of them will be guildford spinners yes. One of the 8 will be me.

others are from Charmouth/Bridportish area methinks.

You coming to play Flid? This friday (15th)evening - bring ale....

Meh

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
try and stop me! (well don't, cause i'm weak and you'd win)

not sure about ale, but i will bring beer

Look forward to meeting you properly this time

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Don't bring any apples though - I'm developing quite a healthy fear of them now....

Meh

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
awwwwww - my poor applephobic fraggle.

Flid - durbs + two guests and Niki stix will be here cos i love them to bits, as will struggs (for the same reason). Others are my fraggle man cantus, and possibly a few Lyme and Bridport friends though I'm not sure yet. Tis not a party or anything of the sort - i'm going away for a year in a few weeks and I want to say bye to some of my favourite spinners - but I figure if you're in the area then you are more than welcome to join in the fun. plus I have to talk to you properly - you were too busy flirting with alice last time i saw you.......

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
flirting? moi?

that's cool, it's the friday of carnival week so it's gonna be absolutely heaving down there. If memory serves its the day of the majorettes parade, of which since taking up staff my parents think i'm a frustrated wannabe

I'll give you a call on thurs, and fear not cantus, after a few too many snakebite nights in my first year of uni I dislike cider too.

fairy girlmember
14 posts

Posted:
Looks like I won't be able to make it 2nite Hope you guys all have a wicked time tho!! And fingers xed I will be able to make it to one of the London poi in the park meets when I get back there, *hopefully* in the next few weeks!
Chao, fairy girl

dont dream it.....be it!

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
hello, im from near lyme... my friend dave knows one of you, and he invited me to this little gathering thing, which i was looking foreward tooo, but apparently it was canceled... anyway, if your still lyme flid, i would like to come and meet you, or anyone else. maybe i shall send you a pm......

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

kashGOLD Member
Dangerous cynic
166 posts

Posted:
*big bump*

How's Dorset looking nowadays poiple?
I am down in Weymouth and the only spinning people I know are in Brissle, bit of a trek just to meet up and play. Anyone still around?

kashGOLD Member
Dangerous cynic
166 posts

Posted:
Ta spanner, I did spot them, I may pop that way at some point. It takes me over an hour to get to Bournemouth though, and that's quite a trek for a casual spin of an evening! wink

At some point I shall try to make it over to say hi.
EDITED_BY: kash (1154365559)