peaseanewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Since sometime last year, I think, a loosely organized group of spinners have been getting together at the City Museum, whose management is cool enough to let us fling combustible liquids around in their parking lot. We get together on Wednesdays around dark. The museum is closed then, but the bar is open (if you're confused, the place is not so much a museum as a giant playground for kids and adults). There's not much of a crowd on Wednesday, so it's pretty conducive to practicing.

We also show up on Fridays, except for the 3rd Friday of the month. Since they stay open til 1AM on Fridays for the big kids, the atmosphere is much more energetic, occasionally a little chaotic. Lots of people, most of whom have never seen fire spinning before. Free parking on Wednesday, but $3 (I think) on Friday, or take your chances on the street.

All spinners and spectators with a healthy respect for fire and fire safety are welcome. Please bring your own fuel and equipment. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.

peaseanewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Should probably amend the Friday time. Things don't really get started on Friday till 10 or 10:30p CDT, I think.