DrunknMonkeyBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
I've already bought some Fabric poi and since everyone seems to say that sock poi are amazing, I thought I'd get myself a pair of them as well.

However, I'm slightly confused about what colours I'm going to be getting if I order from HoP.

https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails.php/267_45_LED_glow

In the example of the green pair for the LED Sock Poi, the socks are green and the glow balls are green as well. However, on all the other pictures of the colours, the socks are white.

So does this mean that all the socks are white?
Or all the socks are white except for the green?
Or all the socks are their respective colours?

etc.

(I assume they're all white? but I want to check.)

Thank you

k8etSILVER Member
20 posts

Posted:
If you get the green ones, you get white LED balls in a green sock.

The rainbow ones are white balls with rainbow (changing colors) LEDs in white socks.

the others appear to be colored LEDS in white socks.... but i only have the green and rainbow and can speak for those ;o)

aka hunnybear in burning man circles
avatar: hunnybear - nj - 06/16/07 (c) abjectphoto

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
oops might be a late reply, but for posterities sake:

If you want LED glow sock poi, you will get whatever colour LED ball you choose (fixed white, fixed green, fixed blue or fixed orange, or colour change rainbow) in a white sock. That's so the sock colour doesn't block the light coming out.

If you want "daytime" or UV reactive coloured socks, you'll get them with tennis balls in. (The link you've got shows them with our white tennis balls so maybe a bit confusing??)

Of course you can mix this up by getting empty coloured socks and putting the LED glow balls inside, but the LED light will be dim in anything other than the white sock.

Hope this helps!
George

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
do they dim much in the sock?
I am about to make my third attempt to order some! And Inot sure if to get rainbows on strings or rainbows in socks....hmmmm

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

I am about to make my third attempt to order some! And Inot sure if to get rainbows on strings or rainbows in socks....hmmmm

Gabe did you see my set of glow sock poi I had at gooble 6 on sat night? Those were the rainbow HOP ones (albeit the sock was a tad dirty redface)

I dont recall having them on though, I will be bringing them to the party on sat night anyway if you want to have a look smile

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

very subjective question/answer!
But an easy solution - Get both!! biggrin

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin