Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > extra bit added to one handed butterfly

Login/Join to Participate

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
This is just a little extra addition to the one handed butterfly. When you have the One handed butterfly going smoothly infront of you (as in the video) as your hand moves down you can quickly swing both poi behind your head and back again... I don't know how else to explain this move better than thatbut if you live in Cape Town South Africa, come to cool runnings on Wednesday nights and ask for Stu and I'll show you. Email me at Stu-e@excite.com for more info.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
a one-haneded behind the head btb...For more things to try with the one hander...you can turn it either left or right...throw it between your legs...wrap it around your thigh to make it reverse...stall it in the middle to change directionsetc etc------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Phunky,did you put the turning with one handed butterfly on your comp entry?Josh

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
i actually haven't filmed myself yet. I have some new stuff that im working on, so i'm waiting for the last possible second to send in the vid. I may or may not include one-handed stuff, probably will. Haven't decided on how to do the shoot, just spin normally and do everything gracefully, or make a run down of every move i know.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
yeah - I'm in the same boat...I'm working on a bunch of new stuff...and I'd rather get it polished before sending it in..who knows tho? perhaps tonight it'll be polished smileI definitely think graceful 'normal' poi twirling is best. Some ppl (myself included) put a lot of weight on how well a twirler utilises what they know, not just spew out every move they know like some kind of data dump from a library smileJosh