Forums > Technical Discussion > BATTERIES!!! For all you Photon Junkies out there!

Login/Join to Participate

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
grin grin Did a little searching last night, because I got tired of paying $3 for one stinking battery, and then multiplying that by 2 for each light and then by whatever for the # of toys you have.Check this shit out!I have already checked them out, and they are completely legit, so run and play!!! The link comes up as a search screen. Key in CR2016. You'll thank me later! grin grinIf you fill more than a $25 order, they waive the $5 handling charge, and they ship same day *within 20 minutes of ordering!* Shipping within the US is dirt cheap, because the batteries weigh virtually nothing. I am sure that overseas wouldn't be all that much either. ENJOY! grin------------------I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.~~~Dance as if noone is watching!~~~PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
I just got enough batteries to last me through the summer for less than the cost to get into one big party! Ordered some nice $1 grin omniglow (cyalume) glowsticks @ www.botachtactical.com as well. They say hook and hole. I'll let you know if they are the good ones or not.Peace out!

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Hmm, sounds like a wicked deal... still have to do some math on how much i'll exactly be saving (or not) if it's sent up to canada.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Tailsmember
16 posts

Posted:
i buy my glowsticks in bulk from www.extremeglow.com they got a lot of colors, and they're quality sticks.. they dont fall apart with intense poi.. but thanks for the battery link.. my photons and my wallet thank you :P-Tails

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Phunky, they are based out of Minnesota, so they are probably closer to you than they are to me. And they use a couple of different carriers. Call the 800 number, and they will give you a quote. I'm sure it is cheaper than what you are paying now. smile

karate kidmember
24 posts

Posted:
i NEVER buy the 2016 batteries. what's the point when you can buy a SINGLE 2032 battery for the same price as two 2016's? the cheapest i've seen these are at Wal-Mart. $2 a piece. but i'm sure they're cheaper if i buy in bulk. anyways, i buy my glowsticks between 89 and 91 cents a piece (type depending.) does anyone get theirs cheaper?

karate kidmember
24 posts

Posted:
i made a mistake. i meant that a 2032 costs the same as ONE 2016, not two. so why buy two 2016's when all you need is one 2032? they're equivalent in dc power, but different in price.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Karate Kid, the only photon light you can power with a 2032 and keep it's full brightness is the red one. The blue, green, red, oranage need 2 2016 coin batteries to shine at their full potential.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
That's correct. *Each* battery is 3V. You have to add 2 of them together to get the 6V needed to power the brighter lights. I only wish they made coin cell batteries that were 2/3 the thickness of the 2016s so you could boost the power. Or would that short out the diode? Low-voltage electrician, please! I know that I have strapped another battery to the back of my photons before with medical tape to rape the last little bit of power out of them, but I don't know what would happen if I did it with full power batteries. Someone please respond before I get home and blow up one of my RAV'Ns!

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
glowshow!!!!~~~~dont do that!! not with rav'n lights!!! trust me my friend tried it and all it did is uses the batteries up faster, i not sure why but they t more than a couple of hours...weird...but it wasnt worth it, they werent even any brighter..p.l.u.r.r.Xtrem

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
WHEW! *breathes sigh of relief*I had to check one last time before I went home.*BIG hug to XTREME*You saved my play pretties! wink tongue I'm going home! This day has been too much!

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Actually, i don't know if the orange photon light needs 1 2032 or 2 2016. Can anyone verify this? I pretty much have every color except the orange one.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
WOOHOO!!I got my batteries in the mail today! A full day early. I am really impressed! They are high power (90 mAh) and I got 72 of the little things for $35 including freight! That is how much it costs to buy 10 of the same type at Wal-Mart! I'm psyched! Time to go play... grinFor those too unmotivated to look, they are $.405 apiece. DIRT CHEAP!

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
phunky~~~~the orange uses 2 2016 batteries...glowshow~~good buy, my friend toneman bought something of a similar deal off of ebay...ill be buying batteries off of him, for a little more than he paid of course...lolp.l.u.r.r.Xtrem

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
*bump for the benefit of others*

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
yup! gotta love ebay!! $.50 a piece.... smilet

Spectremember
5 posts

Posted:
.50 each? I got 100 for $15.50!!

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
damn, and I pay $0.98. oh well, all I have to do is walk out my front door, cross the street, and go to the student union where the bookstore provides me with an endless supply. no waiting, I can handle that.

and yes, that was an unholy thread ressurection. just thought this would be helpful

[ 05. March 2003, 07:17: Message edited by: Jello ]

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
for electroglo poi i pay one pound per battery from uni. Mail order from www.farnell.com they are 71p inc vat per battery

[ 05. March 2003, 15:17: Message edited by: flid ]