master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
I'm looking to find some small lights to attach up the length of my strings/chains. I need something less directed than an led. preferably cheaper as well. any ideas would be most appreciated.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
A mini mag-light? That would probably be to heavy, but hella sturdy. All you'd have to do to change the color is to put some ceran wrap over it with the color of your choice

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I know that there are christmas lights that run on DC...they might look a touch cheesey though. You could try ropelight- it comes in many colour and it's getting rather cheap now- but I'm not sure if it would run on DC, so I'm not sure how you'd power it. CAn't think of anthing else...

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
try that illuminescent string
it looks like shoelaces
but glows with a 9 vold battery

Peace,Travis IM: frodus17

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
that luminescent wire, are there any ways to put breaks in the wiring so I could set up different colors spaced apart?

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
ooh Ooh Yes i've been wanting to do a similar thing! Battery operated fairy lights! I'm still looking for some, I'm thinking an ellectrition would be able to help. I want to put fairy lights on my stilt costumes and fairy wings.

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Oh ye', I forgot to mention... Have you thought of glowies for your Poi? you can get them in all sorts of colours and stuff, and only a few dollars each, but only last 24 hours, unless you freeze them before they stop glowing.
email me if you want more info: moon_fest@hotmail.com

[ 25 April 2002, 11:09: Message edited by: Moon Pixie ]

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
I'm more looking for something battery operated, preferably something that blinks, glowies cost just far to much to be buying them every time I want to perform. plus all that waste. but I think I found something that might work.

www.extremeglow.com

I'm thinking of getting the bomber pendant light, and some flashing pendants, if anyone uses them let me know how they work.