i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
I also have a habit of killing monkey fists. These knots are great if the rope itself is what connects to the chain (pulling tighter) but the way the ones here are designed fall apart (The center pulls out over time). So has anyone found a way to connect the rope to quick links to overcome this? I don't really like cathedrals cause theres too much metal and I tend to... well I have some scars, haha. A friend turned me on to tube cores, but I'm still not sure about that option as fire heads... I'm still trying to perfect the way I wrap my staff, hehe. Perhaps hybrid wicks are the way to go.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Uh, I think you forgot to type part of your post.

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Hehe, well no, I just started typing this as an afterthought to my other post about chain ideas, thats why it sounds like that Astar. Sorry for the confusion.

I have learned how to tie monkey fist knots, its just that this problem persists. I've killed, well unraveled, three this way. I tend to be a power spinner a lot, goin really fast, doing a lot of wraps, etc. so I just relegated it to wear and tear.