MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
just had a random idea does anyone think they could make led weighted handles they would look awesome with throws

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
The flowtoys people suggest using flowlights as handles, there's some vids up on their site of G using them, no throws though.

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
well thats a bit different my idea what i meant was like the led glow ball poi but much smaller like the size of the wooden handles

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
i use flowlights as handles with my crystals sometimes, good size, weight and you can even wibble with them

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Midkiffwell thats a bit different my idea what i meant was like the led glow ball poi but much smaller like the size of the wooden handles

I kinda realised that but was distracted. Most ready made led balls are pretty big, to allow for batteries, circuit, shock absorbtion and light diffusion.

There are a heap of really small lights, some fairly sophisicated, that the glove light show ravers use (photon etc), I've never looked closely at them but if you could enclose one in a clearish casing I think it'd work OK for size and light but I don't know if it'd weigh enough to make a good counterbalance.

Obviously it'd depend on how much your poi weigh.

ecaBRONZE Member
197 posts

Posted:
You could use flowlights in the flowmass to give them more weight. I haven't played with flowlights though so I'm not sure how much weight they actually add.

"Think of the pussy, Weevil."
"What's a pussy-weevil?"

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=133927&id=515647410&l=459514655f

Like these? smile

I'm still trying to refine the design to get LOTS more light out but the concept is solid... I have all the pics for a tutorial on how to make them but until they're finished I don't want to publish it.

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
The design I've been thinking of would be to take one of the solid state PVC ball designs and reduce it to a single LED and a battery slot in a smaller ball. You wouldn't need anything more than a single CR2032 to run it for a fair length of time. The challenge, I think would be making the attachment point and battery cap secure enough.

HoP should make these. Just sayin'.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

TideGOLD Member
Future pyrotechnician...? Or something.
111 posts

Posted:
Flowlights w/ flowmass weighs a fair bit. Almost as much, if not the same or a wee bit more, than a pro series LED ball.

Pretty expensive handle, though.

This statement is false...?

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Mr_Chutneyhttps://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=133927&id=515647410&l=459514655f

Like these? smile

I'm still trying to refine the design to get LOTS more light out but the concept is solid... I have all the pics for a tutorial on how to make them but until they're finished I don't want to publish it.

Just regarding hyperlight's comments, I think you would have them drowned out by those. tongue2

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Mr_Chutneyhttps://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=133927&id=515647410&l=459514655f

Like these? smile

Nifty. smile

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
sister eleven i've already made that suggestion smile
but i think that maybe if more people suggest this product it could be possible for them to make it
EDITED_BY: Midkiff (1270680158)