ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
hey beautiful aussies... just a little question...
I have been told that there is to be no fire at splendor this year!!! only practise toys allowed... surely this cannot be true?!?! I was told this by a very very good friend who is running a juggling store there for the entire fest... oh my goodness... does anyone know any different? And is anyone here going?

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
It would definitely be true. Pub liab and all.
There may not even be fire allowed at woodford this year!?!
Stalls weren't even allowed to sell twirling gear full stop at BDO, the same crew putting on this festival. Potential weapon you see.
Maybe they should just lop off you hand (fist) - potential weapon you see.
Don't know how many people are going, but it could be that twirling will nearly be impossible anyway.
sad to miss sitg, catch krafty kuts and kut loose!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
woodforde fest! pls tell me more! the only coverage i get is a REALLY condescending commercial media item on 'those damn hippies up north' I truly feel as if i'm missing out on something grande! is there alotta twirlin'?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Valura Hello lovely! Um just wanted to say I hope I was friendly ennough at Moon Fest when you said hi.... I was pretty buzy... hope I didn't seem un friendly... It was good to meet you

No Fire? Is this true? And at woodford too! I think I could cry!

Bender... Wordford Folk Fest is a gorgeous festival (although the weather is either extreemly HOT or insainly wet and MUDDY) There was a fire band on last year for the first part of it, cause it was really hot dry weather... It was crazy coz every time a twirler lit up a sucurity person would come and tell them to put it out....and being so many of us someone else not knowing there was a fire band would light up too and then this went on and on with the sucurity people getting more and more angry, yelling at twirlers to put the flame out! But then the rain came, and it was all good coz the fire band was no more (just try and light a fire in that kind of mud!)

It is a beautiful festival though... many amazing performers, folk music, funky stalls and so many beautiful earthy people (they would be 'those damn hippies up north' you were talking about )

It is a shame thogh that many of the larger festivals are trying to get away from "fire and drums and hippies" don't ask me why.

It's the festive folky people that make a good folk festival!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by .:* Moon Pixie *:.:
It's the festive folky people that make a good folk festival!
fuken oath to that
/cuddle puddles all the hippies @ HoP

security at a folk festival!?!?!?
do you mean pt'chang or do you mean redneck with a baton? how far out from civilisation is woodford? can ya carve ya own didge? can ya camp? how long does it go fer? is it late in the year? will i be frowned upon for having dilated pupils and staring into my hands all day?
/stares into the squiggly hindu paisley morphing on his right palm...

[ 17 July 2002, 18:52: Message edited by: Bender_the_Offender ]

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Never would you be frowned upon at woodford... its all beautiful people with beautiful smiles spreading beautiful vibes...
Dialated pupils are a very common thing at woodford, people wouldnt hassle you for it, they would just smile at the trippin' guy with the awesome fire swords.
Woodford is about 2 hours away from Brissie and is near a huge camping ground where most people stay for the fest.
The festival is run for the week after christmas and ends on the 2nd of Jan... so there is usually a big fire preformance on new years eve...which hopefully will still be on..
I will hopefully be going to this years fest and doing readings with a very good friend of mine who is also a fire junkie so keep a look out for the mystics twirling if we are allowed to...
My dearest Moon Pixie... it was beautiful to meet you and I did realise that you were a busy little sprite so hopefully we will be able to catch up with you early at this next moon fest and help you to set up if you like... gives us a chance to chat too... muah
Yeah there is definatly no fire at byron this weekend... but Ill be there with bells on anyway...If ya see a little short chickee running around with lots of flags come talk to me and we'll have a twirl... Lots of warm fuzzys to you all

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*