Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Poi moving at different speeds?

Login/Join to Participate

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
anyone come up with any good moves where the poi go at different speeds? There was that double butterfly thing, and of course half giant versions of most of the moves...but, just implanting the idea in your head again, anyway...I have quite a nice one... a standing btb high turn, where one poi does two or three spins instead of just one, looks quite good in the mirror anyway; you can do it both sides depending which way you turn.perhaps it would be possible to do the 5 beat in one hand and the three beat in the other, or something. Perhaps I'm just being stupid and this is the 4 beat? Whatever. I know what I'm thinking of, I just can't tell whether its something seperate...------------------"O! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention." - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Vanize does a thread the needle where the poi being threaded goes twice as fast as the other one. It looks pretty cool.

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
I've been playing with different speeds with butterfly moves. Seems to work best with butterfly... The funnest move, which doesn't look that good yet, is to keep one arm spinning fast out in front of you, and the other, in closer, moving slow. You can follow the one in closer around your arm (turning your whole body in slow barrel roles) as many times as you want... although I personally get pretty dizzy by the 3rd. You can also follow around once, slow, then stall, and follow the other way, same direction, the further one still going double time. It's fun. I think that kind of stuff opened up for me after working on stalls a lot. Stalling/reversing seems to seperate your motor skills into left/right, so that one can be doing seperate things than the other. -peace,Nick

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."