adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
does anyone know of any sites, people, places or anything that have INTERESTING fire resistant clothes suitable for performing, or just casual clothes suitable for twirling any ol' time?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
You don't have to have special fire resistant clothing to spin at all. All natural fibers are a bit resistant, the thicker the weave the more apt they are to not ignite. In the article section there is an article all about fabrics and fire and such.
There are also liquids that you dip your cloth into to make it more fire resistant but it is hard to come across in many areas.
For just plain old spinning, any pair of cotton jeans/pants should do. A cotton top if you wish and you are all set.
Costumes can be put together similarly, from cotton, raw (Noil) silk, leather...truly the possibilities are endless without having to invest in specialty items!
Good luck!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Clay!

It's the Best!

And great for your complection

Just smear that stuff all over yourself, clothes & hair, and nothings going to light up! It dries a lovely powdery white, and looks really effective... That's if you like the ghostly, but earthy look.

[ 03 May 2002, 12:21: Message edited by: Moon Pixie ]

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
cyberchix.org make clothes specifically for firedancers... but i think it's mainly for chicks... as the name would suggest

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I kinda like moon's idea of the clay. Would get crumbly after a while though... *shrugs* Worth a shot =) And if you get hit to hard, you already have a body cast

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
I wasn't thinking quite that thick And once it goes crumbley it flakes off, and it's just like this lovely powdery stuff... it feels nice

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
thanx falloutboy! that was what i was looking for. im glad i can wear stuff that is not specifically fire resistant, i was freaking out about it but obviously its fine, thanks for the info!