circadiamember
3 posts

Posted:
I am traveling to New Zealand and Thailand and I wonder what kinds of fuels are available and how much they cost? Can I get white gas and if not, would I be able to travel with it from US?

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
In thailand you can get kerosene at some petrol stations.. for about AU$1.50 per litre.
Have a good holiday!
mmmmmm... what i wouldn't give to be back in Thailand spinning on the beach...

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't give my pancreas, but hey, i'm still kinda attached to it. you can have my appendix tho the damn thing's useless.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Cazzarmember
53 posts

Posted:
If you are travelling to NZ and more specifically christchurch I will give you the name of a guy who sells an awesome gas for spinning.....it's called PEGASOL....I have had dealings with him the past and he is relatively cheap..ok his name is woody crow..he's a tutor of performing arts he is a real crazy cat real out there like....
anyway his address and phione number is
ph 377-3384
flat2, Barbados st

it'll probably cost about $12nz for two litres..but it's great shit for performing aye...real good
hope I could be of some help
peace to you

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
Bender, DEAL! One appendix in exchange for One plane ticket to Thailand. We can perform impromptu surgery to remove the aforementioned appendix this wednesday.
- I'll expect the appendix in bound form, and at the end of the document.

(i've got way too much spare time..)

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Apparently your appendix is roughly proportionate to the size + shape of your pinky finger.
Wow MuM! I learnt useless crapola from the internet to fill my head wif today!
Oh that monkey! that scary monkey!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
i never found any kero at gas stations in thailand unfortunately. it was actually a bit of a problem until i met some thai friends over there on some of the islands. you can find a hardware type of store in any city, you can tell pretty easy. ask them for nam ant gad. thai is tonal, so the nam is high, ant is low, gad is high. otherwise they wont know what you are asking for. also look for lamp oil. if you are going to be on an island, it will be easy to find. watch out for the red liquid in bottles, thats just gasoline; i almost made that mistake, then the lady pointed at a motorcycle...

Wow

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Re PEGASOL - Please please please be careful telling people about Pegasol. The ONLY safe(ish) fuel called Pegasol is...

PEGASOL 440 SPECIAL

There are dozens of different types of fuel called pegasol or similar sounding names and a few people have been badly hurt using them for fire arts.

To follow through on Cazzar's coments, pegasol is very similar to Kerosene in the way it behaves, but has a lot less soot and a very light, hard-to-notice smell.

Please note, on the MSDS sheets, it is actually a tiny bit MORE toxic than kerosene when breathing in the vapors, but only by a few % so the actual difference is pretty negligible.

Anyway, kerosene can be purchased in NZ at supermarkets (cleaning section), hardware stores (cleaning section), Petrol stations (in the shop, in 1 litre bottles) but you can easily get 20L drums from most petrochemical suppliers at a much better rate.

Send me an email when you arrive if you want more help with fuels when you get to NZ.

newdolbel@hotmail.com

Cheers

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?