WyattDavisSpinsGOLD Member
WYATTSPINSPOI
69 posts

Posted:
Im not sure if you would call this an antispin 1.5... could someone please clarify what you would call it ??

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
planeswitching alternating pendulums, don't think I'd associate that with antispin weave...

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
That looks sick! It has a kind of CAP-ish look to it.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

leospoiSILVER Member
Poi explorer
108 posts

Posted:
It's not an antispin 1.5, it's a regular 1.5 but with the inspin beat done on the same side as the arm that the poi is on, so instead of crossing the inspin beat you're crossing the pendulum.

The updated video for 1.5 theory and hybrids is shortly on its way, but it doesn't cover this though it will cover the antispin 1.5s along with all the other timings and modes and orientations.

I kinda showed this move a few months back but didn't explain it very well (I didn't understand that much what I was doing), if requested I will do a more in-dept tutorial on all these 1.5 stuff.

1.5 weave variations

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I'm with Leo on this one. Though kudos on having it that clean; I find the forward version you're doing awkward compared to the reverse, and it still looks like butt when I do it tongue2

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
agreed on the not an Antispin NOT1.5

does llook pretty though.

with the NOT1.5, if you keep the poi moving in the same way, you can see that your hands are able to go into different places, and all of these places give different effects.

So, whilst one hand is doing a pendulum, and the other is spinning a beat, instead of having our hands separated, try with hands together. or one in the middle, and one on the edge of your pattern. or even hand following poi head... or poi head following hand... Alternate the lot.

And then these ideas can be moved around your body. at your sides, behind your back, behind your head... a mixture of two different places...

and then you can move too. why be centre stage, when you are able to move left? or right? etc...

and on it goes...

meditate
EDITED_BY: LookThisChanges (1272365552)
EDIT_REASON: Zen

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

NathanielEveristSILVER Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
Hmm, very pretty pattern. I can see how you would say it's an anti-spin 1.5. I mean, there are anti-spun beats, and there are pendulum beats. More often than not in 1.5s the pendulum beat is on top, while the poi doing a more complete rotation is underneath.

So, by these critea, it would make sense to call it an anti-spin 1.5, though for some reason, it doesn't feel to me like it should be called an anti-spin 1.5, even though it makes sense that it should be.

I think that I feel this way because normally when something becomes anti-spun, it maintains the paths that the hands follow (or at least can follow) on in reverse, while maintaining the original poi direction. This move doesn't reverse the direction that the hands travel the 1.5 path while keeping the poi in the original direction, in fact the hand-paths don't look like 1.5 paths at all, they look a lot like CAP paths, but stalling at the top and bottom of the anti-spin, rather than continuing with the extension.

Sorry, it's kinda hard to describe this without demonstration, but I hope you understand what I mean.

DrexFactorGOLD Member
Defeats the purpose
73 posts

Posted:
It's a 1.5 CAP--Mireneye demoed this same move a couple years ago and if memory serves it's in Rastaxel's latest vid as well.

It's a nifty pattern and it has an inverse as well--instead of the poi heads meeting as one is coming forward off the pendulum and the other is coming forward from the loop below, you pull out of the pendulum antispin and then arc back up to meet the other poi head as it's coming forward on its pendulum.

Peace,
Drex

AlienJonGOLD Member
enthusiast
290 posts

Posted:

This CAP sequence (one hand) is as follows:
1) Hand starts at low position (6 O'clock) > antispins up to frontal shoulder-height hand position (9 O'clock), creating a loop at this frontal point.
2) Hand moves from front to top position (12 O'clock) > poi moves in a pendulum (or could move to a vertical stall) and reverses direction.
3) Hand moves back to front (9 O'clock) > poi moves in pendulum.
4) Hand and poi move in 1/4 of a longarm extension back down to the low position...
repeat...

Get the rhythm and feel of this with each hand solo. Then start with one hand spinning forward in the low positon, the other swinging pendulum in the high position. As the poi heads meet and shoot forward like in a classic (not)1.5, move the hands like you would for a standard C-CAP, so that the poi heads both hit the frontal focus point together.

Once you can do that in wheel plane. Then try it in Wall plane, and try switching sides, using the frontal focus point where the poi heads meet as your cross point to the other side.

+Alien Jon

WyattDavisSpinsGOLD Member
WYATTSPINSPOI
69 posts

Posted:
thanks alien for really breaking that down, theres no way i could have described quite like that...